Friday, March 8, 2013

Paint colors

I have been pouring over paint swatches and Pinterest in search of  the perfect colors for our walls.  I favor neutral wall colors that allow the overall color scheme to be changed easily.   I don't want to have to re-paint every time I change bedding or get new throw pillows.  With neutral walls, you can add pops of color with furniture, curtains and accessories.  My design style is mostly traditional with touches of French country.

For the dining room/kitchen we're going with a classic red.  I am absolutely obsessed with red dining rooms! I think the white cabinets will contrast beautifully with the red.  Plus, as the dining opens onto the living room & my living room furniture is red, it will all flow!  Here's the red that we've chosen, suggested by Patrick's mother, it's Ralph Lauren Home, Hunting Coat Red (RLTH223):

For the living room, I'm leaning toward a neutral gray.  While my couch & chairs are now red, I'm hoping for something white/gray in the future.  The trick has been finding a gray that is truly neutral.  Many of them have a blue tint, which I don't think will work with my red furniture.  I'm liking Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray (HC-170):
Or Valspar Woodlawn Sterling Blue (5001-3B):

Or Valspar Woodlawn Silver Brook (5001-1B):

I may just get samples of all three & paint swatches on the wall.  That way I can see how they look in the various lighting & with our furniture.

For the mater bedroom, I'm also leaning toward a gray/silver.  I'll probably just use one of the above.  I think it'll look great with white or black furniture & my lavender/silver bedding.

I found this bathroom on the Benjamin Moore site & fell in love!  I think it's so glamorous & romantic.


The wall color is Benjamin Moore Wet Concrete (2114-40) with cream trim.  It's definitely going in the master bath.  And, what a coincidence, my bedding is lavender & gray!  The colors will flow beautifully from the master bedroom into the bath!  We're also planning to add the inset trim on the walls around the bathtub, as seen above.






1 comment:

  1. Those colors are great! I think the Stonington Grey is the most neutral of the three greys for the living room. :)

    ReplyDelete