Thursday, March 14, 2013

Let the packing begin...

It's less than one month to moving day & we have begun packing!  I'm being very careful with the empty boxes this time, since I lost a few during my last move.  We are not having this happen again...


Moving is incredibly stressful for me, but I am focusing on the positive!  In less than a month, we will be in our first home!  I'm also taking this move as an opportunity for some major purging.  It's amazing how much stuff I have fit into a small apartment.

I began by dealing with the piles of paper that I've been avoiding for months.  I recently updated my filing system (more on that later) so it was super easy to file what needs must be kept & get rid of the rest.

Then I moved on to the areas that I know won't be utilized in the next few weeks, such as my bookcase.  I have plenty to read on my Nook, so packing the books first seemed like a no-brainer.  Plus, I hate to spend hours packing, look around & have it appear that nothing is missing.  The empty bookcase is a reminder that things are being accomplished!  Next up is the office and closets...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your big move!! I can't wait to see what you do with your new house -- so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete