Friday, January 3, 2014

About this blog in 2014

It’s a new year, which is a perfect time to reflect back on the previous year & look ahead to what the future might bring.  This year, we moved into our first house.  After years of living in a cramped apartment, it’s been amazing to have some space to stretch out.  Of course, having more space means that there’s more area to become cluttered & disorganized.  As I’ve said before, I was a hopelessly messy child.  Thankfully I’ve grown out of that & now it drives me crazy when things aren’t in their proper place.  Having a place for everything makes it so much easier to pick up around the house & to find things when they’re needed. 

I began this blog in March 2013, the month that we moved into our new home.  The goal was to document all of our projects & to update our friends/family on improvements to the house.  Now that we’ve been in the house for a while, 10 months to be exact, we’ve completed most of the big projects – painting, landscaping, etc.  This year, I see this blog becoming more about the little projects (crafts & organizing) & less about the big projects we still have planned (replace the counters & landscape the front yard).  My goal is to post consistently, at least once per week.  I hope that everyone will stick around to see where 2014 will take us!

No comments:

Post a Comment